Monday, February 11, 2019

Diamonds are forever



In June this year, Moulin Rouge is opening on Broadway and I'm so excited! It's one of my all time favourite movies, and they've done such a wonderful job updating and adapting it for the stage. It's always been on my list of dreams to one day visit New York specifically for Broadway. Although I often see stuff at the West End, Broadway often has shows we don't and sometimes never get. Add to that that two of my favourite performers are the leads in Moulin Rouge and I knew I had to make 'one day' happen soon, and I'm going in August! I'm so excited, I'm going to be in New York for 6 days and so far have plans to see Moulin Rouge twice, Frozen and Wicked (I know Wicked won't be much different than London, but I have to see where my favourite show originated!). I was hoping to see Anastasia too, but unfortunately it's announced it's closing which frees up a night. I'm so excited! I never thought I'd be able to do this, and I've funded most of it by selling stuff and seeking out deals (and accepting the fact I'll be living on ramen noodles while I'm there!). I've really taught myself what I can make happen when I put my mind to it.

The wonderful Karen Olivo is going to be playing Satine, and she looks so stunning I just had to draw her!

1 comment

  1. I'm so excited for you! Hope you enjoy your Broadway trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

© a soot sprite. Design by FCD.